RealityStudio is the web’s leading resource dedicated to William S. Burroughs and the underground press in the 1960s.
RealityStudio is proud to present an interview with Chris Stein of Blondie about his relationship with William S. Burroughs.
Dave Teeuwen interviews Davis Schneiderman on his forthcoming project, a collaboration with Marcus Boon and the Burroughs Estate on a reconstructed edition of The Third Mind.
Thom Robinson takes a deep dive into the relationship of William S. Burroughs and his “favorite” writer in “Beyond the Grave: William Burroughs and Denton Welch.”
Jed explores a historical source that inspired Nova Express in William Burroughs, the Morro Castle Disaster and the Mystery of “Twilight’s Last Gleamings”: A Conspiracy Theory
Michael Stevens offers an update to his classic Road to Interzone based on Chris Stein’s photograph of William S Burroughs’ bookshelf.
Jed Birmingham takes an extended look at William S Burroughs and the Nota Roja in Mexico.
Dave Teeuwen interviews publisher George Mattingly, whose Blue Wind Press published William Burroughs’ Book of Breeething, Port of Saints, and Blade Runner: A Movie.
Jed Birmingham on the seven greatest Burroughs collectors.
- The Greatest Burroughs Collectors (Introduction)
- #1 William Burroughs
- #2 Robert Jackson
- #3 Barry Miles
- #4 Eric Shoaf
- #5 Michael Stevens
- #6 Jeff Ball
- #7 Jed Birmingham
Have you wondered what William S Burroughs would have made of the current pandemic? Edward S. Robinson takes a mighty swing at the answer in Predicting a Pandemic: William Burroughs and Covid-19.
Moloko Print has just put out three new must-have Burroughs books. The first is a new edition of Minutes to Go and the second is a new edition of The Exterminator — two foundational cut-up works which have been newly edited and contextualized by Oliver Harris. The third is a 1960 cut-up work titled BATTLE INSTRUCTIONS. Never before published, this “new” work has also been artfully assembled and edited by Oliver Harris.
A review of the brilliant BATTLE INSTRUCTIONS by William S. Burroughs, newly published by Moloko Print.
On the 61st anniversary of the book’s publication, RealityStudio is proud to share “Secrets of the Olympia Press Naked Lunch.” Pirates, print run, points of distinction — what you thought you knew about the publication history of Naked Lunch was wrong.
- Bibliographic Bunker by Jed Birmingham
- Texts by William S. Burroughs
- Bibliography by Eric Shoaf
- APO-33 by William S. Burroughs
- Black Mountain Review
- Burroughs in Men’s Mags
- Burroughs Text in January 1960 Mademoiselle
- Bulletin from Nothing
- C Press
- Evergreen Review
- Floating Bear
- Fuck You Press
- The Last Times
- Locus Solus
- My Own Mag
- Nova Broadcast
- Time by William S. Burroughs
- The Word (Naked Lunch Outtake) in Swank
- Death in Paris by Carl Weissner
- The Fluke by Jacques Stern
- Flesh Film by Jürgen Ploog
- Retaking the Universe by Davis Schneiderman, Philip Walsh, Edward S. Robinson
- The Road to Interzone: Reading William S. Burroughs Reading by Michael Stevens
- The Mouth Inside: The Voices of Naked Lunch by Ian MacFadyen
- Burroughs / Balch Video Experiment by Jan Herman and William S. Burroughs
- Enter Mister Maurice by William Levy
- Burroughs in London by Heathcote Williams
- Towers Open Fire Screenplay
- William S. Burroughs and J.G. Ballard
- A Word Is a Word Is a Collage (1965)
- William S. Burroughs, Jacques Stern, and The Fluke
- Confusion’s Masterpiece: Re-Editing William S. Burroughs’ First Trilogy by Oliver Harris
- From Dr Mabuse to Doc Benway: The Myths and Manuscripts of Naked Lunch by Oliver Harris
- Cutting up the Archive: William Burroughs and the Composite Text by Oliver Harris
- A Visit to William S. Burroughs at the Beat Hotel in Summer, 1958 by Gael Turnbull
- Death in Paris by Carl Weissner
- Hikuta!: Burroughs and His Guns
- William S. Burroughs and Joy Division
- Henry Miller and William Burroughs: An Overview